- To test equipment in accordance with written test procedures and achieve service centre delivery targets
- To be able to diagnose any faults on equipment down to a component level
- To be aware of company health and safety requirements
- To complete work to the appropriate industry standards
- Follow requirements of the Company’s quality standards.
- Tests faulty equipment by establishing performance and reliability standards; devising and conducting tests; setting up equipment and apparatus; adjusting, calibrating, and modifying circuitry, components, and parts; analysing results and writing repair report.
- Maintains technical knowledge for example by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Maintains electronics system, components, and parts data base by entering data.Skills/Qualifications/Attributes:
- 2 years recent test and repair experience working to component level
- Working knowledge of Fibre Optic, Radio Frequency, Internet Protocol, Digital and Analogue Electronics and systems
- High level of practical experience in a test and manufacturing environment – Required
- HND /HNC Electronics Engineering or equivalent – Required
- Good familiarity with advanced and basic in-circuit components
- Ability to use basic test equipment – e.g. Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscope, bench Power Supplies. Pattern generators etc
- Good Fault finding on surface mount and THC equipment to component level
- Good knowledge of computers, CLI/serial interfaces, PuTTy and MS office products.
- Excellent ability with soldering/re-work of surface mount, microprocessors and THC components.
- Interest in Arduino, Raspberry Pi or other maker boards and IoT.
|Job Role||Job Role|
|Wage||£8.50 – 10.50/hr|
|Hours||33 hours / week|
|Start Date||Start Immediately|